Istio 101 : Managing network bottlenecks with the DestinationRule resource - TCP and HTTP connections -
We could use the destination rule parameters to help alleviate bottlenecks and slowness caused by a rise in requests for an application.
Some of the parameters that could be used in the destination rule Yaml file are as below:
- shouldmaxRetries: Maximum retries on all the applications i the cluster.
- maxConnections: Maximum HTTP and TCP connections to service.
- http1MaxPendingRequests: Maximum pending HTTP requests to a service.
- maxRequestsPerConnection: Maximum requests for each connnection.
- http2MaxRequests: Maximum requests to a service.
"ns1" refers to the namespace where our application "lives".